March 7, 2015

Bold Lead Designs Basic Harness

Lincoln's Bold Lead Designs Basic Harness arrived Monday and I fitted it to his body.  He has plenty of room to grow.  I will not be training any sort of mobility training until he is 18 months old.  He will be neutered next month and will have his hip and elbow prelims done at the same time.  
I have been slowly acclimating him to the harness.  An hour here, thirty minutes there, very slowly.  This was our first outing to go and get two more cichlids for my aquarium.  He did well and ignored the bld for the most part.
 Thursday night was this months kennel club meeting.  He did very well.  I sat next to our groomer and her poodle/irsh setter mix.  Natalie couldn't believe how calm Linc is in his training gear.
For now, Linc will continue acclimating to his new harness and then we will begin training guide tasks such as finding the exit to a room or building, finding and guiding me to my car and finally, finding and guiding me to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment