November 7, 2013

The Hobbit Fan Event in NYC!

I found out on Friday that I had won tickets to the NYC fan event. My mom and I flew in on Monday for the event and flew out the next day. It was definitely an experience. It also reminded me why I do not want to live in new York City.

Richard
Actual costumes!!
Before they entered
Richard listening to his question
Orly being awesome
Much better photo of the group from the screen
Hard to take photos of the guys on the stage due to the lights.
Sadly, they look yellow and blurred

Anderson & Orlando acknowledged the fans and spoke to some of us from the stage. Anderson answered a question of mine before the event went live and Orlando acknowledged me, waves, pointed and winked. Then when they were taking it offline, I asked him a question from the crowd and he answered it. Richard was paying more attention to the screens in front of him than to the crowd. he really didn't acknowledge us at all. Warner Bros, were also schmucks and treated the fans like cattle and the actors like crap. The security looked like FBI. They hustled them in and out. Only certain fans were allowed to meet Richard because they were dressed in costumes. That's where the gifts came from. I met the two fans dressed as Tauriel & Thorin (Ginger Kitty was Tauriel). Really nice people. I was in the second row and very close to the screen. Unfortunately it was hard to get photos because there was a bright light shining on the crowds and it made the actors look yellow and washed out. It was easier to take photos of the screen when they showed them. The clips they showed were awesome!

Green Dragon from Theonering.net and I before the event.

The fans who were allowed to meet Richard because they were in costume

No comments:

Post a Comment