March 7, 2016

I and Love and You Nude Dog Food Review

I know I normally only review raw foods and natural treats, but our 14 year old lab, Indie, eats kibble due to health issues. Indie had an emergency splenectomy at almost 12, has laryngeal paralysis and hypothyroidism. I usually switch him from kibble to kibble in order to keep things interesting and fresh. I also love giving him a variety of proteins. Along with his dry kibble he gets his meds, supplements and 1/4 can of grain free high quality wet food. I also switch these around to give him various protein sources. Ever since the Meijer opened in my city, I have been able to buy I and Love and You's Nude Dog Food for him. It is convenient to buy when grocery shopping for ourselves. He has also eaten their canned food.

I and Love and You is located in Colorado and their foods are made in the USA.  The ingredients in their treats are sourced from Brazil and Australia. Their kibble is shaped as small hearts and is consistent throughout all of their kibbles.  I usually buy the Poultry Palooza, but have tried the Red Meat Medley and Simply Sea. Indie has done well on all three flavors.  I have not tried the Hot Lickety Lamb because it seems hard to obtain. 




They are a very easy company to deal with and seem to truly care about their customers. The messaged me randomly on my instagram and asked if they could send me a box of their products. Of course I said yes. The dog treats were an instant hit and I bought some more of their venison jerky while in Chicago. I still have the freeze dried raw and have reviewed on another post. I was very grateful that they have sent me two 1.5lb bags of two of their freeze dried raw flavors.  The boys were quite taken with it.



Indie has never had any gastric upset connected to their kibble, treats or canned foods. The quality is very impressive and I definitely recommend feeding this if you are looking for a good kibble.  I and Love and You is shockingly mainly sold in grocery stores, but can be purchased from online websites such as Chewy.com. The price is also reasonable considering the quality of the products. Always base what you feed your animal on the animal itself. Every dog is different and may react to a product differently from another dog. While I do recommend this food, make sure your dog does well and watch for any problems and reactions.

Ingredients:turkey, chicken meal, turkey meal, lentils, garbanzo beans, tapioca, chicken fat (preserved with natural mixed tocopherols and citric acid), dried beet pulp, sweet potato, chicken, natural chicken liver flavor, chicken liver, chicken hearts, blueberries, chia seed, apple, spinach, tomato, carrot, fish oil, potassium chloride, olive oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), calcium carbonate, new zealand green mussel, inulin, salt, choline chloride, turmeric, iron amino acid chelate, zinc sulfate, vitamin E supplement, zinc amino acid chelate, ferrous sulfate, niacin supplement, manganese amino acid chelate, copper sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, calcium pantothenate, vitamin A supplement, manganous oxide, pyridoxine hydrochloride, copper amino acid chelate, sodium selenite, riboflavin supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, calcium iodate, folic acid, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried Bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, dried Trichoderma reesei fermentation extract, yucca schidigera extract, rosemary extract

I am in no way connected to the company. This review is voluntary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment