December 15, 2014

Cup 4 Cup Product Review


I wanted to write a quick review on my go to gluten free flour blend.  I have tried so many different commercial flour blends since going gluten free and most of them are heavy and dense when baked.  Cup 4 Cup has a much lighter texture, especially when sifted.  It also takes like normal all purpose flour.  It does not hold too much moisture, which is another issue I have found with many gluten free flours and baking mixes.  You can easily switch from an all purpose wheat flour to Cup 4 Cup and not have to change the rest of the recipe.  

While this is not the cheapest gluten free flour blend on the market, it is my favorite.  It is definitely worth using it in your family recipes.  My poppy seed cake tastes the same as if it had a normal wheat flour in it.  I also like the fact that the flour has a very limited ingredient list of only:

Cornstarch, white rice flour, brown rice flour, milk powder (beware if lactose intolerant), tapioca flour, potato starch and xanthan gum.

It comes in 3lb bags. 



No comments:

Post a Comment