August 12, 2015

Food, food and Some More Food

 My poor poor raw freezer was starting to look pathetically empty.  I had to do something!!
I ordered 90lbs of food from Simply Rawesome and it arrived at the beginning of July.  Sadly, since Linc eats 24-42oz a day, I have gone through most of the organic chicken gizzards very quickly.  I am happily set on bone in meats.
So, I went to my local processing plant and picked up about 40lbs of stuff, including beef kidneys, lamb heart, beef heart and a ground beef scrap blend with random organs and bone dust.
So I and Love and You dmed (messaged) me on instagram and asked if they could send me some treats for my boys. Here is the box of goodies from IandLoveandYou. They sent a 5lb of their kibble, which is the food we feed our 13.5 year old lab, Indie, a 1.5 lb of their dehydrated raw, a bag of bully sticks and a bag of jerky treats. The dehydrated raw will be useful if I travel with my aussies. 
Here are some recent meals.
Here is ground lamb kidney, lamb heart, duck egg and rabbit for Linc, then rabbit, ground lamb kidney and duck egg for Mac.
 
Beef kidney, duck egg and a chicken thigh for Mac and rabbit, beef kidney, organic chicken gizzards and a duck egg for Linc.
 Rabbit and an elk blend consisting of elk, beef liver and beef bone.
 And lastly, a rather bland meal of chicken breast and a chicken quarter for Linc and a chicken drumstick for Mac.

1 comment:

  1. You always feed such a variety of raw food to your dogs. We tried to get different meats etc. for our dogs, but it's next to impossible. The only way for us is,that we get it from our raw dog food supplier, frozen. It's also expensive with three large dogs. Duck eggs, can't find those anywhere. Our dogs are sensitive to chicken in any form. I had to stop feeding it at all, but after two month, I'm sneaking in a little bit here and there. It's just the easiest to get. We also give beef, turkey, and some lamb. I wish there were better ways to get a greater variety, so they wont get a food sensitivity again.
    Oh, and once I bought 10 rabbits, and the dogs didn't even want to lick them. In the end I cooked the rabbits, and picked off the meat, they ate that with gusto, just not raw.

    ReplyDelete