January 10, 2015

New Years in Chicago & Food!

Happy New Year! I can't believe 2015 is already here.  I now have to think about what year it is when dating something, ugh. So, my parents and I spent the New Years week in Chicago.  We had a great time! 

Linc did great!! He went to the glass conservatory at Garfield Park, the modern art museum to see the "David Bowie Is" exhibit, his first play at Steppenwolf Theatre, the Chicago history museum and to his first sit down restaurants. He was fabulous! He is understanding "under," his leave it superb. So far his training is going well. I had been a little nervous about taking him to a restaurant, especially a sit down, but he laid down and stayed there, no issues. Quite proud of my puppy, this trip was a huge step. He went everywhere with me, even did a whole day of shopping. 
The play we saw at Steppenwolf Theatre was called "Airline Highway." It was brilliant! I love going to live theatre.  The wonderful thing about seeing this play is that it was the premiere at Steppenwolf! It will now be debuting on broadway this coming spring.  It is very exciting to see a play before it hits the big time! 

Here is Linc sitting in front of a motif of David Bowie before we went into the museum. The exhibit was wonderful because it included a majority of his well known costumes.  My family is full of Bowie fans.  Chicago was the only US location this exhibit went to.  Other than here, it was shown in London.  We feel very special!
Linc with my dad standing in front of the fountain at the Chicago History Museum. It was a cold and rainy day.  We went and saw the "1968" exhibit before it ended.  It definitely reminded my parents of their childhoods.  There were some awesome parts of the exhibit, including Jimi Hendrix velvet jacket and one of his guitars, the other part was a full size Huey that was built for the exhibit from scraps! 
When we left for Chicago, it was barren and absolutely no snow.  When we arrived home, it was a winter wonderland! We have gotten at least 8" of snow.  The temperatures have also been under 10º F, mainly below zero.

Here are some of my recent meals:
2 Trader Joes Salmon Burgers with sumac on top along side some green cabbage cooked in chicken broth with diced onion and minced garlic
Green grapes and scrambled eggs
In other news, I joined Anytime Fitness! I picked up my key fob yesterday.  I am very excited to get started!  I have a fitness consultation on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment