January 6, 2016

I and Love and You Freeze Dried Raw Review

As you have probably noticed from reading my blog, I don't normally use premade raws. I personally find them too expensive for the amount you receive, but it is useful in certain situations. Thankfully, I and Love and You sent me two bags of their freeze dried raw to try. This is a review of the raw raw beef boom ba If you have a smaller dog, it may be more cost effective for you, but for my boys, it isn't cost effective.  But it is very useful for some individuals. 


Follow the directions based on your dogs weight. Measure out the amount of food required.For Lincoln, I used 51-75lbs and for Mac I used up to 50lbs. Always base the amount you feed on your dog's size and activity level. While Linc is larger than Mac, he is also more active and younger so he requires more food.
Then measure out the amount of water required for the amount of dry. It says to leave for at least 15 minutes. I prefer to allow it to reconstitute over night or over several hours. Both of my boys enjoy the I and Love and You freeze dried raw. Linc is not a huge fan of freeze dried raws with chunks of meat and vegetables, but he took to this very well. I was impressed. The chunks of vegetables did come out in their stools basically intact, which seems to happen with similar freeze dried raws. It would be nice if they made a product similar to Stella & Chewy's where the dogs can't differentiate the meat from the vegetables. The meat vs vegetable ratio was also quite even, which is nice. I hate when freeze dried raws seem to vary lot from lot. 

I have noticed that the beef has larger chunks of meat than the poultry version.  I have yet to try the other kinds. But it you are traveling and feed raw, this may be a good option for you.  I will definitely keep this product in mind if I ever need it. Cost wise, I can't feed it all the time, but in emergencies or other situations, it is definitely useful.





Ingredients
Beef, yellow split peas, sweet potato, cabbage, carrots, whole egg, flaxseed meal, banana, tricalcium-phosphate, almond meal, spinach, alfalfa, kelp, ginger root, salt, zinc sulfate, iron (ferrous sulfate), vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin)



I am in no way connected to the company. This review is voluntary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment