February 27, 2016

Sojos Complete Raw Turkey Recipe Review

As I have mentioned, I don't use premade raws often.  But, while in Iowa, we picked up an 8lb bag of Sojos' Turkey Recipe.  Having a freeze dried raw on hand can be very useful in multiple different situations.  
  • If I have to move, this will definitely help during that time I
  • If I am traveling 
  • If I forgot to take something out the night before to thaw.
  • Feed kibble, but want to try raw

The ingredients list is quite short:
Turkey, sweet potato, carrots, broccoli, celery, apples, whole egg, cranberries, tricalcium phosphate, flax meal, parsley leaf, carob powder, dried kelp, dried alfalfa, ginger root, garlic, sunflower oil, vitamin D3

 This is what the food looks like in the bag. I will say that compared to I and Love and You's freeze dried raw foods, the Sojos is much more meat heavy. That is a huge plus in my opinion.
It says to allow the food to soak for 15 minutes before feeding, I personally prefer to allow it to soak for a few hours or overnight in the fridge. Below is after soaking overnight. Obviously there is still water that didn't soak up, it doesn't really make a gravy either. While this food does have vegetables and starches added, the food is a very mono tonal and brown.
After soaking overnight
The guaranteed analysis is very similar to that of a grain free kibble. 
Guaranteed Analysis
Mac as usual, dove right into the food and ate every last bite. Linc is pickier and ate a majority of the food. He went after the water first and then ate a majority of the food. Mac was given 1 1/4 cups of dry Sojos, while Linc was given 2 cups of dry. I based the amounts on their weight and activity levels. Linc is obviously more active and larger than Mac. 

I will say that the price is up there, we paid $72.21 for the 8lb bag. But, we did purchase it from a brick and mortar store. Online it ranges between $58-73 for the 8lb bag. Obviously you can purchase smaller sizes as a trial before investing in the larger bag.

Sojos is a high quality freeze dried food that is available through various sources. I am in no way connected to the company. This review is voluntary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment