April 26, 2013

Organs & Fish


I noticed in my local ethnic stores weekly ad that mackerels were on sale for $1.99/lb.  Usually when they are discounted it's only down from $3.99 to 2.99.  $3.00/lb is still a lot for food.  Luckily I noticed this and stocked up on 6 massive mackerels. I am quite impressed by their sizes.

This evening I also made up 5 organ meals for Mac.  The organ meals usually contain liver with beef or lamb kidney.  The kidney tonight was beef and the liver was beef and lamb. It is always important to make sure your animal gets enough organ meat.  Organ meats, especially liver, are their natural vitamins and are needed.

I also took mac into the vets office to weigh him.  The last time he was weighed was when he was vaccinated, about two months ago or so.  He weighed a huge 53lbs.  Today he weighed exactly 50lbs.  I am so happy with his progress!  He only needs to lose 5lbs more and he'll be ideal. When he gets to 45lbs, he'll also be fed larger meals, about 14oz a day in order to maintain the weight.  I think I'm starting to see a waist!
Here are some of his recent meals:

Ground venison with bone for breakfast:

Quail with duck organs:


Some lovely goat leg:

No comments:

Post a Comment