February 10, 2014

Paleo & Dogs' Raw

I have continued with my paleo diet, which I think is sustainable. SO far I have lost 33lbs!!

I finally found some items that I have been looking for here in Northern Illinois.  I am so happy that I finally found some organic ghee! It is from Wisconsin and only has 45 calories and 5g fat per tablespoon! This has been a huge find for me.

 I also found some natural raw and unfiltered honey at a great price! Most raw honeys cost a lot and aren't practical for me.
 Here is a snack of 3, yes 3, large bell peppers.  They are low calorie, fill you up and wonderful to snack on! So crunchy and fresh!
 My dinner for tomorrow is in the slow cooker.  This is a fresh lamb shank slowly roasting in homemade lamb bone broth with garlic cloves. The shank was seared in coconut oil before being placed in the slow cooker.  This will roast all night so the meat is tender and falls off of the bone.  The last time I made a shank, I cut the raw meat off and let Mac finish off the meat I couldn't get.
 Here is some new homemade chicken bone broth I made tonight.  The containers hold 9.6 fl oz.
 Here is the chicken bone broth when it was simmering in the slow cooker. I cooked this for about 8 hours with carrots, onion, celery, garlic cloves, apple cider vinegar and a dash of salt and pepper.
 Now onto the dogs! Here is a recent photo of Mac (only way to hold him still was to hold his muzzle). He is slim, muscular and happy!  He will be 8 years old in April! I can't believe my baby will be 8!!
Here is a recent meal of Indian sardines for the boys and BRB ground beef with bone for Gwen.
 I have been using up the ground venison.  It has been such a huge hit with my three! On this evening Mac got lamb while the others ate venison.
Boys' dinner of lamb breast the other day!
 Gwen is 12 and Indie will be 12 tomorrow! They both have wonderful energy, their coats are beautiful and so are their teeth. I love raw!!

No comments:

Post a Comment