April 22, 2014

Buch

I have become a little obsessed with brewing kombucha.  It is a wonderful drink!  I have three different kinds of teas brewing, black, rooibos vanilla and oolong.
I did receive my other cloth covers for my 2.5 gallon and other 1 gallon continuous brews.
This is my newest experiment in brewing, Moroccan Mint.  I love the tea itself, we'll see how it turns out.  The base of Moroccan Mint is green tea, this is the only green tea I like.
I also now have a 2 gallon batch kombucha brewing.  it is made with my favorite rooibos vanilla tea.  I am seeing if there is a difference in flavor between the batch brew and the continuous brew.
Here is some of my kombucha with some Bolthouse berry juice added for second fermentation.  This is how it looks after second fermentation and refrigeration. 
I enjoyed some lobster tails broiled with sumac on them.  Sumac is my new favorite spice! This was sooo good!
Here is another version of my hopdoddy lamb burger.  Instead of using buns, I decided to try it with 2 toasted Rudi's small plain tortillas.
Yummy!!!
I found these awesome hotdogs at Trader Joe's! They are uncured and taste amazing!
This was my dinner tonight.  There is 5.2oz of grilled salmon on the bottom, underneath the grilled vegetables.  The grilled salmon and veggies are from Whole Foods.  The tortilla is a large Rudi's tortilla that I toasted.
For lunch and dinner tomorrow, I have a turkey breast in the crock pot with mushrooms and green onions.  That should be good! I haven't made a roasted turkey breast for a few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment