July 21, 2015

Life Continues

As no one can make the world stop rotating, life continues and goes on.  So, on instagram, I posted the photo below of what Lincoln carries in his vest.  He currently carries a para cord tug, foldable water bowl from Bold Lead Designs, potty bags, an in depth ICE (in case of emergency) paper, an ID card with his name and more basic ICE info, ADA law card, a sumatriptan shot and some generic Maxalt pills.  Both the shot and pills are my emergency medication.  Amazingly, while it sounds like a lot, it isn't that much when you photograph it.
So, my new insurance is awesome and my sumatriptan shots (which I haven't gotten in 2 years because they were $70/each) are now $19/4 shots.  Quite an amazing thing.  Yes, they are generic, but does that really matter?  They work!
 My two dogs, Mac, my service dog for the past 6 years and Linc, my service dog in training, are my constant companions and a huge part of my support system.  They help me in ways no human is able to and perform tasks that no human would.  My dogs are my life and they are one of my main reasons for waking up every morning.  Lincoln is advancing in his training.  We restarted working on retrieves after a 2 month hiatus due to his teen phase.  Linc would retrieve an item, then throw it around to play.  He is finally moving through that obnoxious phase, so we can move on with his training. 
Another part of his training included going to a zoo for the first time. Lincoln and I went to the Madison Zoo for two hours today. There, the lioness wanted to kill him, the alpacas and Somali wild asses didn't know what to make of him and one of the giraffes followed us around in its pen. Then one of the polar bears wanted to pounce on Linc like a seal under the ice. The lioness scared him, but we left that enclosure and he calmed down. Went back over an hour later and he was fine. He never barked, whined or growled at any animals. He was most curious about the herd animals, but stayed in check. While his fear reaction to the lioness going at the glass was not ideal, he recovered and we will be working on that.
My main support system is my parents. My mom especially is my main supporter. She was the one who pushed me to find a psychologist and to finally get a diagnosis that made sense. She is also the one who would pick me up quite a lot when I was in school and was a huge support when I was in college. Both if my parents have been huge supports the past few years after I moved home to go back to school and deal with my conditions. 
Here is a glamor shot of Lincoln I took a few weeks ago after bathing, trimming, brushing and drying him.  He wasn't thrilled.
 And this is where I am about to head, to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment