January 2, 2016

BarkBox, Raw and the boys

 This past months BarkBox (December) was there when we arrived home from Chicago.  Included were Sojos simplyturkey treats, Bixbi Pocket Trainers in Chicken, a BarkBox treat tin, a Bark & Co Pixel Penguin toy, Dogzilla Penguin Egg, and an Ettasays pork chew.  Linc loves the penguin toy, as he always loves new toys.
 I have decided to start feeding pork.  I have never purchased pork in my life.  I was raised Jewish and was raised in a pork free home.  So, this was quite different for me.  I bought some pork hearts, a fresh raw pork ham, pork kidneys, pigs feet, some chicken feet, turkey necks and backs for the boys today.
The raw ham was discounted, so I jumped in.  Cut it up and rebagged it at home.  Most of this is in the small freezer.
 Tonight I threw some bone broth into the crock pot.  I have turkey wings, old lamb shoulder, beef bones and some chicken feet in there.  
 Here are some photos of the boys.  This one was a couple of weeks ago at the large dog park that has acres upon acres of woods to hike through. 
 Mac & Linc enjoying a walk in Lincoln Park, Chicago. The next day it sleeted and there were a few inches of pure ice, so walking was much harder.
And then this beautiful photo of Linc naturally stacking while watching and barking at squirrels in the yard.  Oh, my crazy crazy 20 month old boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment