March 14, 2016

March BarkBox

The March BarkBox theme was "Sherlock Bones." I thought this was a cute theme. The Barkbox included: Victorian Venison Dinner Treats ($7.00), a Treat Maze ($14.00), Good Dog Shepherd's Pie Treats ($6.00), Butcher's Block Beef Jerky Pretzel ($5.00) and a Rowdy Pipe ($9.00). 

The treats in this month's box weren't that bad, but still probably not something I would purchase on my own. The Sojo's Shepherd's Pie Treats do have oatmeal in them and I try to avoid grains for the most part. My dogs do not react well to grains.

Indie did enjoy the jerky pretzel. Usually when there is a single chew like this, Indie gets it.



The two toys were fun. I don't purchase the mind games for my boys because everyone I know who buys them, says they have to keep buying new ones to keep their dogs interested. It was fun to see them try to figure out the Treat Maze. Even Indie took some interest in it. I put in Nutri Source's Grain Free Rabbit Treats as they were the correct size to use.
So, after filling the maze, I let the boys loose on it. It's odd because sometimes the treats will fall out as they should when the toy is tipped and other times they get caught on one another at the hole. This frustrated Mac & Linc because they knew the treats were right there, but weren't coming out. I think it would be beneficial to add fewer treats to either side and see how it goes. 


Mac being Mac figured the best way to get the stuck treats out of the maze was to chew them out. Another reason why I don't buy these puzzle games. They don't tend to be cheap and I don't need chewed plastic everywhere. It was fun to try though. 


I am in no way connected to the company. This review is voluntary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment