April 1, 2016

Grandpa Glenn's Turkey Heart Treats Review

While at one of my local groceries I found these natural freeze dried turkey heart treats. I was pretty happy to find a locally made one protein source dog treat. Granted, I have never heard of Grandpa Glenn's, but definitely wanted to give them a try. My grocery offered the turkey hearts, beef liver, beef heart, pork heart and chicken hearts. 


I was definitely happy with the packaging. The label is not stuck on very well, but the package was air and moisture proof with tear places to make opening very easy. 


















The hearts had the fat removed prior to being freeze dried. The slices are great sizes and can also be broken up into smaller pieces for smaller dogs or for use as training treats. The package mentions that you can reconstitute them if desired. I prefer to keep them dry. For 3.5oz I believe you receive quite a few treats and they are very easy to handle and do not crumble when holding or removing from the package.
I of course had an audience while opening and taking photos. Linc will eat raw turkey hearts, but will sometimes refuse, so that was a concern. He ate his treat almost instantly, so that is awesome!














Linc wanted more after I placed the bag of treats in a quart size ziplock. I do suggest keeping these treats in a dry and cool location so they do not reconstitute and cause other issues.

I am in no way connected to the company. This review is voluntary.


No comments:

Post a Comment