September 24, 2016

Mabon 2016

Autumn is here! It is one of my favorite seasons, the other is winter. September 22nd was the Autumn Equinox, also known as Mabon in Celtic Paganism. Here are photos of my altar during my ritual. I kept it pretty simple this year, there are a few new pieces like the offering bowl, incense holder, chalice and offering glass (left side).


This year I used my homemade Green Man candles, which are the small votive and the jar pillar candle. I used sage essential oil for scent and topped both with dried sage. I still don't have a God statue. This is because I haven't found one that speaks to me yet. The Goddess statue I am using my parents actually bought me as a gift. 
I have been keeping an eye out for a Cernunnos statue that speaks to me, but it's harder than you'd think.

Happy Mabon Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment